Fujifilm X-Pro1 – Prayers Have Been Answered with the Apex of X
The Fujifilm X-Pro1 is just what everyone has been wishing for;
ultra high quality in a mirror-less digital rangefinder style camera featuring an advanced interchangeable lens system, an innovative hybrid ‘multi’ viewfinder, and a specially developed X-Trans CMOS image sensor capable of producing exceptional images that pop with detail and clarity.
Ever since the Fujifilm X100 began finding it’s way into the hearts and hands of passionate photographers, there has always been but one wish, one prayer;
Fujifilm, can we have an X100 with interchangeable lenses please?
Well, the answer is YES, and here it is in perfect realization.
Click to see: Fujfilm X-Pro1 at Amazon.com
Click to see: Fuji X-Pro1 Lenses at Amazon.com
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Features:
- Interchangeable “XF” Lens System with Original Fully Electronic “X Mount”
- 3 “XF” Lenses Available at Launch with more announced and on the way: Standard 35mm FUJINON XF35mmF1.4 R, Wide 18mm XF18mmF2 R and the 60mm TeleMacro XF60mmF2.4 R Macro
- All Lens with Aperture Ring with 1/3 Step Increments and Large Manual Focus Rings
- Dual Magnification Hybrid Multi Viewfinder with both Optical Viewfinder (OVF) and Electronic Viewfinder (EVF)
- APS-C 16.3 Megapixel “X-Trans” CMOS Image Sensor with New Filter Array
- No Optical Low Pass Filter Made Possible Due to Innovative “X-Trans” CMOS Sensor Design
- New EXR Image Processor Pro
- Film-like Image Quality: Velvia, Astia, Provia, Pro Neg, Sepia and Multiple Monochrome Film Simulation Modes
- Solid and Robust Die-Cast Aluminum Alloy Rangefinder Style Body
- Manual Dials and Controls for Aperture, Shutter and Exposure Compensation
- LCD Monitor – 3.0″ RGBW Colour, 1,230,000 dots
- All New Rear Panel Layout with On-Screen ‘Q’ Control Panel and Redesigned Tabbed Menu System
- Shutter Speed – 1/4 to 1/4000 second in Program mode, 30 seconds to 1/4000 second in all other modes
- Standard Output Sensitivity – ISO 200 to 6400, extended output sensitivity equivalent ISO 100, 12800 and 25,600
- Full HD Video – 1920 x 1080 pixels – 24 frames per second – Stereo sound
Rangefinder Body and Design – Manual Dials and Controls
The die-cast aluminum alloy body of the X-Pro1 is a bit larger than its predecessor, the X100, giving it a more solid and professional look with a very utilitarian and robust feel in your hands. In fact, the X-Pro1 closely resembles the Leica M9-P in appearance, but under the hood, it’s a much more technically advanced camera and at a reasonable and much more affordable price.
Just like the Leica M9-P and the Fuji X100, manual dials and controls are ready and waiting to be a to be pressed and positioned by your fingertips. The top plate has shutter speed and exposure compensation dials along with the shutter release surrounded by the on/off switch and a handy function button.
But it’s the back panel of the Fujifilm X-Pro1 that really shines beginning with the new Q button and a clickable dial — with one press displays an onscreen control panel for quick access to a plethora of functions. The high quality finish contributes to the overall feel that this is a serious photographic tool featuring; a large four-way controller with distinct directional keys, buttons for drive, metering and focus modes along the left side of the 3-inch RGBW Colour, 1,230,000 dot LCD display.
The front of the Fujifilm X-Pro 1 has the toggle switch for flipping between electronic viewfinder mode and optical viewfinder mode. There is also a dedicated switch for changing focus mode quickly from Single AF to Manual.
X-Mount and Interchangeable Lens
That’s right, the Fujifilm X-Pro1 has a newly developed X-Mount for mounting your choice of lens. There are three superb Fujinon lenses made for the X-Pro1 at launch with more announced and on the way. There is also an adapter available from Fuji for Leica glass or third party adapters for lenses from other manufacturers like Olympus, Canon, Nikon, Minolta and Contax Yashica.
The X-Mount has been specifically developed for the X-Pro1 to facilitate optimal communication between body and lens, brains and brawn. The X-Mount features shorter back focus thus increasing edge-to-edge resolution and clarity by minimizing the distance from lens to sensor.
The finely crafted XF Lenses are solid and lightweight and at first site appear to be very classic manual focus lenses.
XF18mmF2 R Wide Angle Lens
However, much like the X-Pro1 in its entirety, don’t let the classic looks fool you. This is a camera, and these are lenses, of superior technical advantages.
In your hands, the manual focus ring turns in one-third aperture increments while distance and depth of field is more conveniently seen in the viewfinder and than on the lens.
60mm TeleMacro XF60mmF2.4 R Macro Lens
The X-Pro1’s special “XF” Fujinon lenses are extremely sharp and offer explicit control over depth of field and bokeh effects. All lenses come with compatible lens hoods.
Click to see: Fuji X-Pro1 Lenses at Amazon.com
X-Trans CMOS Sensor and EXR Processor Pro
The new 16.3 Megapixel X-Trans sensor is another breakthrough innovation of the Fujifilm X-Pro1. The sensor features a redesigned color filter array inspired by the randomness of film grains eliminating the need for a low-pass filter in the lens as employed on most all other cameras.
Conventional Bayer Filter Array
Newly designed X-Trans Filter Array
Lens with optical low-pass filters
X-Pro1 – No optical low-pass filter
Without the low-pass filter, film-like, higher resolution images are captured and efficiently processed by the new EXR Processor Pro.
Hybrid Multi Viewfinder
The hybrid multi viewfinder gives you the ability to choose between optical viewfinder (OVF) and electronic viewfinder (EVF) with the flip of a switch on the front of the camera. The hybrid viewfinder was first introduced with the Fuji X100 to rave reviews.
With the optical viewfinder you have a bright, clear optical view of your subject with a digital information overlay. Or you can switch to the electronic viewfinder, for full frame view — same as the LCD monitor. You can also play back prior shots within the viewfinder or go from OVF to EVF without taking your eye from the viewfinder.
The hybrid multi viewfinder will also automatically optimize magnification — wide and standard — depending on the lens.
The Apex of X
The Fujifilm X-Pro1 is the summation, the pinnacle, the apex of the Fujifilm X-Series. It’s a development story that began with the innovations of the X100 and a love story of photographer, camera and image. Now, even better, the X-Pro1 answers the desire for interchangeable lenses.
Every part, every piece a unique innovation in itself, the Fujifilm X-Pro1 is the very latest in technology while staying true to what a classic rangefinder camera is all about — in your hands, eye wide to the viewfinder, focusing with the lens ring and pressing the shutter release at just the right moment… eureka!
Click to see: Fujifilm X-Pro1 at Amazon.com
Click to see: X-Pro1 Lenses at Amazon.com
Incoming search terms:
- fuji x100
- fuji x pro 1
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1827 unXWOykOfn8pqKt2rsgDSt2c1CTYjVFU3iRdn5a5QndrEC1br-O1lSmD0S-2lcZi 9d432ebd691b6e5b71f3864db320de3c3e973560&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme